Monday, April 09, 2012

Quick Closet Air Freshener

This round of Iron Craft was called "Freshen Up".

The first week I was busy doing this and that. 
The second week I spent all of Monday on set at the taping of the tv show "Nashville" and basically since then have been getting my butt kicked by a nasty sinus infection.
I am seriously surprised I got something created and extra surprised I'm getting in a blog post about it.
(this also explains a bit why not a lot of pictures, I've been very out of it)

I decided to truly "freshen up" by making a potpourri hanger.

I cut a 5 inch by 5 inch square of fabric.
Then a 5 by 5 inch square of mesh.
Both out of a pretty yellow color.

Then I cut a long, 3 inch wide strip of pink fabric to be a flower.

I hand sewed a simple straight stitch along the long side of the folded over long pink strip.
I pulled the fabric along the stitch to gather the fabric then sewed it onto the solid fabric square.

Next I simply sewed the two squares together and left a hole in the middle of one side.

Turn the fabric right sides out and fill with potpourri.
Then sew closed your opening.
Last sew on a piece of ribbon to hang from.

Ta-da! Bright, fresh, easy and useful!




(seriously, sinus infection, fever, loss of hearing, coughing, sore throat, no voice, this whole thing bites!)
 

3 comments:

  1. What a nifty idea...thanks for sharing. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project especially under the conditions you were in. I'm thinking of doing one with a zipper so the mesh bag can be replaced. First, I need to get my sewing machine out of storage and learn how to sew a zipper.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!